MBW | August '19

The Wedding Party

Written by: Jasmine Guillory
No. of pages: 351 pages
My rating: 3/5

My thoughts and whatnot: This started out pretty great, for me, but fizzled into this boring and rushed ending.
ps: this is a part of a stand-alone series (can read this without reading the first two) but a quarter of this feels like it's a continuation of the other books (might just be me tho idk)

All the Things I Never Said

Written by: Mae Krell
No. of pages: 68 pages
My rating: 3/5

My thoughts and whatnot: Pretty good but nothing particularly awesome to set this apart from basic poetry books we currently have.

Unwritten Letters to You

Written by: T.B. LaBerge
No. of pages: 240 pages
My rating: 4/5

My thoughts and whatnot: Phenomenal.
It's not always that I feel like a book gets me but this, THIS, really gets me. Reading this made me feel not alone, made me feel seen.

Honeybee

Written by: Trista Mateer
No. of pages: 160 pages
My rating: 3/5

My thoughts and whatnot: Meh. Just okay. Nothing particularly astounding.


Bright Dead Things (DNF)

Written by: Ada Limon
No. of pages:  128 pages
My rating: X/5

My thoughts and whatnot: DNF @ 37% because I can't understand anything.


Stuff I've Been Feeling Lately

Written by: Alicia Cook
No. of pages:  126 pages
My rating: 4/5

My thoughts and whatnot: Pretty unique! This has some blackout poetry of the poetry *poetryception* in the first part and that is so cool and resourceful. (+ the pieces are somewhat relatable)




Total no. of pages read this month: 945 pages
Average rating: 3.4/5

August has been a taxing month for me mentally and thus affected how many books (or pages) I've read. It had gone down by almost a half but that's alright with me. I've also read mostly poetry books because well, I've been feeling emotional. I hope September will be a lot better, at least reading-wise, because it is proving to be a lot tougher life-wise lol
- mj (•‾⌣‾•)و ̑̑♡

0 comments