MBW | July '19



In the true spirit of keeping this blog alive, I decided I should try doing monthly reading wrap-ups as well. So, without further ado, here are the books I've read this July:

Si Amapola sa 65 na Kabanata

Written by: Ricky Lee
No. of pages: 364 pages
My rating: 3/5

My thoughts and whatnot: I've never been a fan of Ricky Lee's writing style but his stories never fails to amaze me.

Again, but Better

Written by: Christine Riccio
No. of pages: 373 pages
My rating: 2/5

My thoughts and whatnot: I wanted desperately to like this but this is Anna and the French Kiss all over again ugh. I really didn't liked the characters and how the story went - the cheesiness is over the top. Also, cheating? Ugh, no, lamppost (<- such an "innocent, catchy" word that makes no sense [in an attempt to be unique and cool])

Lahat Tayo May Period (at iba pang Punctuation Marks)

Written by: Rod Marble
No. of pages: 148 pages
My rating: 3/5

My thoughts and whatnot: I didn't realize what type of book this was until I read it. It's good but it's not for me (totally my fault for not reading more on what to expect on this).

Love Her Wild

Written by: Atticus
No. of pages: 224 pages
My rating: 2/5

My thoughts and whatnot: Well... that was underwhelming. There were a few (I can count on my hands how many) pieces that I liked but aside from that, this didn't give me anything spectacular. ps: I'm a follower of the author over on instagram and I've seen almost half of the contents in their ig posts lol.

The Dark Between Stars

Written by: Atticus
No. of pages: 240 pages
My rating: 3/5

My thoughts and whatnot: I like this collection a lot better than Love Her Wild. A lot more pieces really gave me the feels (which, I guess, is essentially what this poetry book is trying to achieve).

The Muse

Written by: Jessie Burton
No. of pages: 393 pages
My rating: 4/5

My thoughts and whatnot: The story is phenomenal, the writing style is amazing. There were some scenes (quite a lot actually) that I didn't comprehend at first tho lol





Total no. of pages read this month: 1,742 pages
Average rating: 3.4/5 (not bad)
So proud that I was able to read a few more local books (Si Amapola sa 65 na Kabanata & Lahat Tayo May Period). I hope I can continue to read more [local] books but for now, my current reads (yes, with an "s" 'cause I totally read multiple books at once) are all international books and I think that's okay as well. Anyway, that's all for now.
- mj (•‾⌣‾•)Ùˆ ̑̑♡

0 comments