MMW | August '19


A bit late but here's my movie wrap-up for August 2019.

To the Bone

Directed & Written by: Marti Noxon
Running time: 107 minutes
My rating: 6/10

My thoughts and whatnot: Only thing I can say to this film: the acting is superb.

Full Metal Jacket (1987)*

Directed by: Stanley Kubrick
Written by: Stanley Kubrick & Michael Herr & Gustav Hasford
Running time: 116 minutes
My rating: 6/10

My thoughts and whatnot: Stunning.

Aladdin (2019)

Directed by: Guy Ritchie
Written by: John August & Guy Ritchie
Running time: 128 minutes
My rating: 7/10

My thoughts and whatnot: I didn't expect to like this as much as I did. I really didn't have any expectation going into this but it was actually really great. The twists and animation is amazing.

Five Feet Apart (2019)

Directed by: Justin Baldoni
Written by: Mikki Daughtry & Tobias Iaconis
Running time: 116 minutes
My rating: 7/10

My thoughts and whatnot: Pretty good. I love watching movies I can learn more from and this definitely schooled me on cystic fibrosis. The ending left me with: "is that it?" though.

Get Out (2017)

Directed & Written by: Jordan Peele
Running time: 104 minutes
My rating: 8/10

My thoughts and whatnot: Really like this! I like how I am the one that experiences what Chris (played by Daniel Kaluuya) is experiencing. Let me just say that Rod (played by Lil Rel Howery) is such a delightful addition to this horror/thriller film.
ps: I prefer this more than Us (also by Jordan Peele)

Hobbs & Shaw (2019)

Directed by: David Leitch
Written by: Chris Morgan & Drew Pearce
Running time: 135 minutes
My rating: 6/10

My thoughts and whatnot: Watched this on the cinema and this was sooo different from the FF franchise lol. I know this isn't really part of it but since this was marketed with Fast & Furious in it, so it should at least try to make it like it's part of the same universe. Also, the story was so all over the place. The characters, based off of the other films, was so... out of character. It was fun watching Jason Statham & Dwayne Johnson though.
ps: can Jason Statham always have subtitles though?

Road to El Dorado (2000)

Directed by: Don Paul & Eric "Bibo" Bergero
Written by: Ted Elliott & Terry Rossio
Running time: 89 minutes
My rating: 5/10

My thoughts and whatnot: This was so not what I expected. I feel like I wasted my time watching this lol.

Hello, Love, Goodbye (2019)

Directed by: Cathy Garcia-Molina
Written by: Carmi G. Raymundo & Crystal S. San Miguel & Cathy Garcia-Molina
Running time: 118 minutes
My rating: 7/10

My thoughts and whatnot: Really good movie. Deserves all the hype it has.


The Hows of Us (2018)

Directed by: Cathy Garcia-Molina
Written by: Carmi G. Raymundo & Crystal S. San Miguel & Gillian Ebreo & Cathy Garcia-Molina
Running time: 117 minutes
My rating: 7/10

My thoughts and whatnot: The main actor's chemistry is really amazing. There were some part of this that went a bit tangent but I guess that adds more to the story?


Alone/Together (2019)

Directed & Written by: Antoinette Jadaone
Running time: 103 minutes
My rating: 5/10

My thoughts and whatnot: Didn't like this as much as I would. Frankly speaking, I'm quite disappointed because I'm pretty excited with this one.


Spirited Away (2001)

Directed & Written by: Hayao Miyazaki
Running time:  125 minutes
My rating: 6/10

My thoughts and whatnot: Ehrm... This movie was aesthetically pleasing to me but other than that, I don't quite get the hype.


Men in Black: International (2019)

Directed by: F. Gary Gray
Written by: Art Marcum & Matt Holloway
Running time: 115 minutes
My rating: 7/10

My thoughts and whatnot: Quite fun and quirky. Not quite what I remember the feel of an MIB movie is (I thought this movie would be nostalgic) but that's probably because of the new cast and all.


Falling Inn Love (2019)

Directed by: Roger Kumble
Written by:  Elizabeth Hackett & Hilary Galanoy
Running time:  98 minutes
My rating: 7/10

My thoughts and whatnot: I think it's cute and all but the ending seems rushed to me, idk.
ps: the paint on the poster was a sham lol



* included on 1001 Must Watch Movies Before You Die

No. of movies watched: 13
Total time watched: 1,471 minutes (24.5 hours)
Average rating: 6.46/10

I didn't realized I watched that many movies this August... This September, however, will be a month of watching TV shows (I'm currently watching Friends!)
 Anyway, that's all for now, folks. Laters!
- mj (•‾⌣‾•)Ùˆ ̑̑♡

0 comments